Ready New York
By Tyrone J. Morrison
The following were taken from The New York City Emergency Management, Ready New York, My Emergency Plan booklet (please note my comments are in bold)
- One gallon of drinking water per person per day
Due to the coronavirus, if you have a refrigerator with a water filter, change the filter now. Save the bottled water in case the water supply is cut off. You can also purchase a filter for your tap water, in case you do not have the noted refrigerator.
2. Nonperishable, ready-to eat canned foods, and a manual can opener
During this time, I recommend 30-60 days of supplies. I recommend that you stock up on such items as corned beef, tuna, sardines, etc.
You need to keep a log of the can goods, For example:
Location: Container 1
Item. Grace Corned Beef: Expiration Date: August 10, 2023 Amount 12
3. First-Aid Kit
4. Medications, including a list of the medications you take, why you take them, and their dosages
Preferable 30-90 days of supply of medications.
5. Flashlight or battery-powered lantern, battery-operated AM/FM radio, and extra batteries,
or wind-up radios that do not require batteries.
6. Glow sticks.
7. Back-up medical equipment, if possible (e.g. oxygen, medication, scooter battery, hearing aids,
mobility aids, glasses, facemasks, gloves).
8. Style and serial numbers of medical devices (such as pacemakers) and usage instructions.